Book 2: The Lies, The Thefts

Fiege and Berlett, the two men who had re-discovered a portion of the Noss treasure trove in 1958, marked the beginning of the Army’s top-secret operations to steal the Noss gold in a series of bold extraction efforts. It began when a person in the Bureau of the Mint in Washington prompted Secretary of the Army Stahr to excavate the site. A Secret Service Agent who wrote, This operation had been carried out as a top-secret project, requested that Fiege and Berlett be given polygraph examinations. They both passed. Nearly three years after Fiege and Berlett rediscovered the Noss Treasure, the commanding general at telecharger French Montana Excuse My French-(Deluxe Edition) gratuit White Sands assembled an extraction team that began removing part of the Noss treasure. These illegal efforts by the military began in October 1961. Later in time, the base commander’s extraction team leader, Army Captain Orby Swanner, told his sister, There were thousands of gold bars and chests of gold trinkets.

However, during the 1961 extractions, four creditable witnesses caught the commanding general and others excavating the treasure site. Soon, a noted Texas congressman told the based commander that elements of the Central Intelligence Agency were involved in the thefts. An Army colonel from the commanding general's office wrote, ...The matter has serious political implications. Congressman George Mahon’s December 14, 1961 telephone call to the White Sands commander was worse. Mahon said, ...There is something rotten in Denmark. The general’s response was, I would rather not give you the details over the phone and added, I hesitate to talk to you freely over the phone because it is sort of a critical publicity problem... if I say too much more I get into a legality problem.

It was on October 28, 1961, that the four reputable eyewitnesses observed the general’s continued top-secret excavation activities. Ova Noss was notified. Colonel Jaffe, the commanding general’s representative told New Mexico Land Office officials it was a “myth.” A conference was held and the general was ordered to stop all activities. The general responded and promised that there would be no more operations unless the Land Office is notified. On November 28, 30 days later, the general was caught for the second time. The military had purposefully lied to officials at the New Mexico Land Office. Ova’s attorneys got involved. Soon after that, the general who was in charge of the top-secret thefts was replaced.

President Kennedy and Vice President Johnson visit Victorio Peak

On June 5, 1963, President John F. Kennedy and Vice President Lyndon B. Johnson toured the Whites Sands installation and the Noss treasure site. A CIA operative interviewed by John Clarence revealed that he preceded the Kennedy-Johnson visit to the Noss claim site. It was not long after that when Ova Noss had a telephone conversation about the treasure with then U.S. Attorney General Robert Kennedy. Arrangements were made for Ova and President Kennedy to meet in Denver after Kennedy’s visit to Dallas. On November 22 President Kennedy was assassinated. Later in time, B-24 flights began carrying Victorio Peak gold to a ranch in Mexico, a ranch then owned by former President Johnson, a ranch Johnson had purchased from former Mexico President Aleman.

In July 1970, Richard Nixon and John Ehrlichman met with a man at San Clemente to discuss the Noss gold that remained at Victorio Peak. Later in time, Nixon was also involved in a theft of 36.5 tons of gold from the treasure.

The Noss Treasure was always a Top Secret Project.

The military at White Sands Missile Range continually and consistently denied there was any gold inside Victorio Peak and that Doc and Ova Noss were con artists. However, an official government document stated otherwise. An excerpt from this document contradicts any such denials the military had made previously. Here is an excerpt from a letter concerning the Noss Treasure trove and certain individuals who had White House connections.

Here is an excerpt from the following letter concerning the Noss Treasure Trove and the White House...

John Dean volunteers testimony at the Senate Watergate Hearings concerning his knowledge of gold at Victorio Peak

Nearly three years later, on June 25, 1973, during the Senate Watergate hearings, John Dean reported his knowledge of a conversation concerning F. Lee Bailey’s clients and about a huge amount of gold at White Sands Missile Range. Nothing happened. Then, in 1973, two of Nixon’s Secret Service Agents met privately with a convicted gunrunner in a private living room in New Mexico. Later, on November 18, 1973, the same convicted gunrunner met personally with Nixon in a jet at a small airport near, El Paso, Texas.

On November 21, and ending on Sunday, November 25, 1973, 36.5 tons of gold was stolen from the Noss treasure trove over the Thanksgiving Day weekend. The next morning, November 26, a Washington-based attorney called Army officials at the Pentagon and reported that 37 tons of gold was removed from White Sands. That same day, the person who headed the theft operation told a witness, We got in and out without anybody seeing us. The gold was eventually sent to a refinery in El Monte, California where it is reprocessed. John Ehrlichman entertained the plant’s foreman while the gold from the Noss treasure trove was being repackaged and sold overseas, an operation that was contained in an FBI investigation report.

Because of concern over fallout potentially developing from Nixon’s Watergate difficulties and his pending impeachment, on March 5, 1974, the commanding general at White Sands Missile Range conducted an official inquiry to cover-up the Thanksgiving Day weekend theft, an inquiry ordered by a high ranking military officer at the Pentagon. Shortly before the inquiry, dubbed the White Sands Whitewash, an Army officer at White Sands Missile Range accused F. Lee Bailey of being involved in the break-in activity. An FBI agent also gave his testimony at the inquiry. The Attorney General of New Mexico was present at the inquiry, as well, a cozy arrangement promoted by legal counsel for the Department of the Army at the Pentagon. Three days later, on March 8, 1974, a telephone conversation between that Attorney General and the man who was directly involved in the Thanksgiving Day weekend theft, revealed that another theft from the Noss site and other locations on the White Sands Missile Range was eminent.

FBI reports confirm the Thanksgiving Day weekend theft and the involvement of the Albuquerque bank. Interviews between John Clarence and a man from the White Sands Intelligence office confirmed the theft and the cover-up. Clarence also recovered documents from a CIA operative’s widow that revealed the names of those involved in laundering the money received from the Thanksgiving Day weekend gold theft, including the contracts, banks involved, and the warehouse receipts for the gold, receipts that named the Albuquerque bank and other individuals involved. Finally, Nixon resigned. Then, only weeks later, a witness observed Nixon exit a black helicopter at The McGregor Range on Fort Bliss.

After the gold was removed from the White Sands Missile Range, it was loaded in manageable amounts inside 72 steel drums and was taken by rail to a warehouse in Santa Fe and temporarily stored there. Nine contracts were executed to complete the money laundering from the sale of the gold. The last bank in line was a Washington, D.C. bank, The Riggs National Bank located directly across from Nixon’s White House. Later in time, The Riggs National Bank was charged with money laundering activity on more than one occasion in other transaction unrelated to the Victorio Peak gold. A $1.3 million payment went to a local New Mexico refinery to repay a $300,000.00 loan (interest accrued) to the bank that assisted in handling the gold transaction. The remaining 1 million dollars went to the owner of the refinery as his share for handling the transaction. The secretary for the owner of the refinery confirmed during a recorded video interview that the 1 million dollars was received from a gold dealer in London, England.

On September 8, 1974, President Gerald Ford pardoned Richard Nixon. Not only had he pardoned him before he was indicted, Ford signed off on repeal of the Gold Reserve Act after Nixon had resigned in August 1974. The GRA repeal initiative was put before Congress while Nixon was still president. The repeal became effective on December 31, 1974.

In late 1981, the Victorio Peak gold theft surfaced again in Palm Springs, California where Terry Delonas, the grandson of Ova Noss, was attending a Republican fund raising event. There, a retired Army general took him to a private room where other people the general claimed were CIA personnel had gathered. Terry was told that only half of the Noss gold was removed because Ova Noss was attracting too much attention; the family was the key to the CIA removing what was left of the treasure. Following threats against the Noss family, Terry was told to assign the rights to the treasure to a list of foreign companies for which the Nosses would receive a one-percent share of the gold. Terry was to be taken into President Ronald Reagan’s office where an Executive Order would permit him to return to Victorio Peak and salvage what was left of the gold in the Noss Treasure Trove..

Two other meetings were held in the fall of 1981 where other Noss family members were also threatened. As a direct result of these threats, Terry contacted an attorney and the general was put on notice; no one in the Noss family heard from the general afterwards. Now, knowing that half of the treasure was still there, Terry began his political and legal trek to recover it. To facilitate the operation to recover what was left of the Noss treasure, the Ova Noss Family Partnership (ONFP) was formed. The events that occurred from that moment until 1999 were as criminal and preposterous as anything that had happened prior to that time. What the military had done to Terry’s grandmother, it did to him as well.

The Gold House Trilogy - Book 2:

"The Lies, The Thefts"

© Copyright 2011 Soledad Publishing Company, LLC.

Licensing for Photos provided by ONFP but Soledad Publishing Company is totally responsible for content of site and of books. ONFP is not the sponsor of the site or responsible for opinions or content.

Sign up today Get the latest news and specials by signing up for our newsletter
Follow Us On